Search and examine Florida property land records in accordance with local examining procedures and company established underwriting guidelines to determine the history and existing status of title. Fully examine searched data and generate final report referencing matters currently affecting title and where necessary set forth requirements to clear title as well as outlining the documentation required to insure the contemplated transaction. Monitor and prioritize work tasks to ensure high individual productivity level.
· Examines chain of title primarily for residential properties but may expand into commercial
· Performs title examination of complex title orders requiring a high level of title expertise
· Abstracts and analyzes records, such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, vital
statistics, and plat and map books, to determine ownership and legal restrictions and to verify
legal description of property and completeness of records
· Provides underwriting interpretation within established guidelines
· Participate in quality assurance review of examined products prior to delivery to customer.
· Assist in training and coaching of lower level Examiners.
· Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work to successfully meet imposed deadlines
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Able to read and decipher legal descriptions relating to title orders
· Ability to work independently
· Flexible and open-minded
· Must possess detail orientation with proven ability to produce quality, error-free work.
· Confidence and capability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Superior customer service skills required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· Must be professional and a team player
· High School Diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
· Minimum 5 years experience performing Florida real estate title searches and examinations.
About National Consumer Title Insurance Company
National Consumer Title Insurance Company (NCTI), a Florida title insurance underwriter, provides agents and insureds peace of mind when it comes to their ownership rights. By providing financial strength, responsive products and class-leading online distribution tools, NCTI is able to provide our customers with outstanding customer service. We are currently looking to expand our team in Florida. We believe that our people are the keys to success and we work diligently to support our staff and provide them with the tools they need to flourish in their careers.